Visual studio web reference not updating
I use project references when I need to debug a component from within another application, but we have always compiled our components and referenced them as DLLs just like you would with any 3rd party DLL.
Is using project references really the prescribed best practice?
Maybe someone can give an idea of why I am having this problem before I put my fist through the computer screen. I make a change to one of the DLLs in the DLLS directory.
I have an application called "app" that references some of these dlls.
I was able to reproduce the issue in a new MVC6 solution created with the beta8 tools; I created a solution with a new MVC6 project and then added a class library (non-packaged) to the solution. It seems that if the files for the external references in wrap folder have a reference to the 'dnx451' framework than it seems this bug appears. I add an non-packaged library project to the solution and then adding it as a project reference in a web app does not cause this problem. NET and Web Tools 2015 (RC1 Update 1) 14.1.11120.0 Created a ASP.
I then removed the reference to core CLR from and switched the class library to build against . I then added the new class library to the via right-click 'Add - Reference', restored packages, and confirmed that the class library appears in the solution explorer. So the simple way to get Visual Studio 2015 to 'see' the external . It only occurs for existing projects that were not created in my solution. NET Web Api project and added a second Class Library project using . In the Class Library project I am trying to add a reference to 3 dlls to make SCCM SDK calls: adminui.wqlqueryengine microsoft.configurationmanager.managedbase microsoft.configurationmanagement.managementprovider The first two DLLs are loaded without any issues however the last one ending with "managementprovider" is giving me the following error: "NU101 Dependency microsoft.configurationmanagement.managementprovider I was able to solve the issue but I think that there is a bug somewhere here.
Search for visual studio web reference not updating:
There are times when you may use a DLL that is not in a project, and copying the DLL into the bin folder of the ASP. However, as you are rebuilding the other project, you may be running into some issue that is caused by your method of updating the DLL in the ASP. When you do this, you may need to make some changes to your web.config file to tell your ASP. (I open the project, make the changes, build it (successfully), go to the bin folder and copy it into the DLLS folder). (The DLL references are pointing to the right place, and have "Copy local" set to true).